"You know what? Start walking for at least six Kilometers every day for better fitness and you won't have to do anything elsee."
These are the comments and opinions I have come across from the people around me who want to be fit and healthy in their lives. I observed that everyone has got some fixed ideas about health and fitness but essentially are not healthy. So I thought about these views continuously and came to the conclusion that they were all thinking without understanding the whole picture. Truth is, they have no idea what health and fitness, as a whole, means. Some are just focused on crash diets and others on exhaustive workouts. They all are unaware of the aspects they should give importance to, while opting for good health, mental as well as physical. This is what has motivated me to write down certain principles which will help anyone to have the best of health; call it Optimum health.
Let me confess to you that I am not a professional blogger who can make a subject interesting. Basically I am a Pulmonologist and a teacher. You might relate to me more as a teacher in this blog because I have shared many technical things and given detailed explanations. Even if you find it a little monotonous, please continue reading, because you are about to find something new that might change your lifestyle forever!
For the past 25 years I have been seeing a lot of patients as a Pulmonologist. When I examine them, the one thing I observe prominently is that many of them have various issues other than their basic health problems i.e. challenges like being overweight or underweight, depression, relationship challenges, lack of sleep etc. Many a times they don't need any medicine, just simple counseling to correct their lifestyle so as to give them the solution to the challenge they are facing in their lives.
As a doctor I do my job to the best of my knowledge. But I realised that it is not possible to tell my patients everything in one or two sittings. Plus, people do not remember everything you tell them all at once. They need to be reminded time and again.
In this blog, I have made an attempt to write about the various aspects of life and how to create a good balance amongst them so as to be happy and healthy.
Normal human tendency is that unless and until something goes very wrong in certain areas, we don't focus on it. For example, until we fall terribly sick or are on the verge of a divorce or are about to get fired from a job etc., we do not try to find out where things went wrong in the first place.
I genuinely feel that after reading this blog on optimum health you will prepare yourself to avoid such traumas in life. I believe that if you become a little proactive and start working on it from today itself then you can lead a very happy, long and healthy life.
I could not have written this blog without the constant support of my life partner Sandeep. Because of his encouragement, trust and belief, I was able to believe that I have something to offer. My dream came true only because of him. My adorable daughter Shivanee is my strength and has inspired me. Her immense love and support has helped me to make this blog.
This blog would not have been written without the blessings of my beloved parents. All my other family members were very supportive of me. They all believed that I could complete this task. One person I cannot forget to thank is my dear friend Sangeeta. She helped me pen down all my views. I am very thankful to her for her selfless help. I cannot stop thanking God over and over again for giving me such a wonderful life and the strength to make this blog for all of you.
"I think yoga is the best."
"Going to the gym everyday is fun."
"Just do pranayama and it will solve all your problems and give you immense peace of mind."
"You know high protein diet is good for weight loss."
"Cut down your calories and just have fruits and vegetables in your diet."
"And what not ."
These are the comments and opinions I have come across from the people around me who want to be fit and healthy in their lives. I observed that everyone has got some fixed ideas about health and fitness but essentially are not healthy. So I thought about these views continuously and came to the conclusion that they were all thinking without understanding the whole picture. Truth is, they have no idea what health and fitness, as a whole, means. Some are just focused on crash diets and others on exhaustive workouts. They all are unaware of the aspects they should give importance to, while opting for good health, mental as well as physical. This is what has motivated me to write down certain principles which will help anyone to have the best of health; call it Optimum health.
Let me confess to you that I am not a professional blogger who can make a subject interesting. Basically I am a Pulmonologist and a teacher. You might relate to me more as a teacher in this blog because I have shared many technical things and given detailed explanations. Even if you find it a little monotonous, please continue reading, because you are about to find something new that might change your lifestyle forever!
For the past 25 years I have been seeing a lot of patients as a Pulmonologist. When I examine them, the one thing I observe prominently is that many of them have various issues other than their basic health problems i.e. challenges like being overweight or underweight, depression, relationship challenges, lack of sleep etc. Many a times they don't need any medicine, just simple counseling to correct their lifestyle so as to give them the solution to the challenge they are facing in their lives.
As a doctor I do my job to the best of my knowledge. But I realised that it is not possible to tell my patients everything in one or two sittings. Plus, people do not remember everything you tell them all at once. They need to be reminded time and again.
In this blog, I have made an attempt to write about the various aspects of life and how to create a good balance amongst them so as to be happy and healthy.
Normal human tendency is that unless and until something goes very wrong in certain areas, we don't focus on it. For example, until we fall terribly sick or are on the verge of a divorce or are about to get fired from a job etc., we do not try to find out where things went wrong in the first place.
I genuinely feel that after reading this blog on optimum health you will prepare yourself to avoid such traumas in life. I believe that if you become a little proactive and start working on it from today itself then you can lead a very happy, long and healthy life.
I could not have written this blog without the constant support of my life partner Sandeep. Because of his encouragement, trust and belief, I was able to believe that I have something to offer. My dream came true only because of him. My adorable daughter Shivanee is my strength and has inspired me. Her immense love and support has helped me to make this blog.
This blog would not have been written without the blessings of my beloved parents. All my other family members were very supportive of me. They all believed that I could complete this task. One person I cannot forget to thank is my dear friend Sangeeta. She helped me pen down all my views. I am very thankful to her for her selfless help. I cannot stop thanking God over and over again for giving me such a wonderful life and the strength to make this blog for all of you.
Comments
Post a Comment